Facebook

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Atheists, humanists launch holiday drives

I got home from writing my last story Upside-Down land and what do my wondering eyes read in the newspaper? An article that couldn't be more well timed.
Read my story the article and then my response--- here.

My Response to Atheists, humanists launch holiday drives
New York Times Article Reprinted in Sac Bee Wednesday November 10, 2010

So the atheists, humanists and supposed freethinkers now have a gospel?
What a grand idea, let’s copy the idea of the word meaning “Good News” used in the New Testament, and use it to market unbelief; and as if it couldn’t get any sillier, just the mere notion of denying the existence of something that doesn’t exist seems ludicrous. Am I the only one that thinks it strange
to spend so much money and time on what they think is a myth? Perhaps all the freethinkers are somehow offended by the fact that someone believes something they do not, desiring tolerance for their intolerance of others beliefs.
Stop the world I want to get off. Have we “grown” so intelligent and sophisticated that we can no longer believe, or tolerate others to believe in something we don’t understand? Wow! 15 percent of America has no religion. Well 85 percent does! “We must denounce politicians that contend U.S. law should be based on the Ten Commandments”. Which ones are a problem? Don’t murder, Don’t steal, Don’t give false testimony?
Are not these the basis of all laws and conscience, in all lands for thousands of years bible or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment