Facebook

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Heard the Queen’s Call

I heard the Queen’s call. She called for my help. A new jewel she needed so life would complete. I heard her call and then soon forgot, it’s not that I cared not. It’s just so darn busy, here in the realm. Carpets and dies, the word to be sown, there’s this call and that and the list will wind on. Loved ones to call and still my Queen reigns, a new jewel she needs to continue her reign.

I heard the first buzzer it’s 7am. A couple more snoozes and on to the jewel, the Queens not demanding nor did she ask. But I really desire her life first-class. Her day starts to wind up and the jewel’s still not won. Out of the sack in a flash, into the pool with a splash, it's off to the mountain in search of the jewel. I start up the steed it's Chrysler and Dodge not Donder and Blitzen dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

Through the streets do I go past gulls with shrill cry. Yukon and Escalade spill forth their spry young. Smaller and smaller the Corollas are there, spilling forth young with the shriek of their birth. The higher I climb the thicker they get, together they go to one place it's quite clear, the Middle school cave where only the bravest dare go. I feel I have accomplished the greatest of tests. My trek through five hundred Junior High kids.

Up the mountain I go with it’s peak in my sight, The Home Depot I see in all it’s glory and might. With soldiers around seeking a mission. I nod to one then the other I’m on my own mission. A parking stall is near by divine intercession.

Into the Depot with all it’s selections, other times the distractions, so many I see. “Give me one of each” my soul does it’s cry, "in your dreams" my stoic mind says. On to the tool section, I’ve been here before. The place of the measure, devices and still yet the more. The jewel that I seek is the ancient of tools. "One more tape measure" I hear the Queen cry. My reign isn’t well without two or three more. Seven ninety five the clerk does her cry, credit or debit, is all that’s obliged and this jewel will be yours. With precision and instinct the Visa goes in, the jewel’s in the sack! Now i'm headed back.

Chrysler and Dodge dash away! dash away! dash away all! On to my Queen oh how she will gleam, this jewel’s a real treasure my Queen will adore. And if this ones lost, I know where there’s more.

Back down the mountain no gulls are in sight. Middle school has swallowed them up once more. The trip’s uneventful, and not a real chore. The Queen is in sight and me she’ll adore. With pride I display the jewel that I’ve won and I even surprise her with another shiny new one. You’re my hero she cries and I swell with real pride looking forward to my next valiant ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment