Facebook

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Out in the Wilderness II


I live in a real busy world.
No shortage of gadgets or things all a whirl.
How did we live, even lacking it all?
IPOD cell-phone, desktop
and laptop, that list keeps on going,
and that's not even it all.
They must all be synched or we're not having a ball.
I wondered what life would be like without,
crazy you call me I must be some lout.
Lout is a word if you care,
Would you take me up on the dare?
Merriam says... Lout is a noun
It means I might be awkward or even a clown.

Maybe it's better or maybe I'll cry.
Doing without I must give it a try.
How did the pilgrims and pioneers ever get on?
No GPS, IPOD or a Cell phone,
It's real amazing they ever could find,
Their very own way through this no mans land.

So I must find a space without people.
Far enough, without a church steeple.
Shut off the radio, cell phone and PC.
It's really hard but I just have to see.
If I really am hooked on this electronic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment